A vital part of dance training is the discipline that students learn in class and then carry with them as they grow. This begins by arriving for class on time and in the proper dance attire.
Emerald dancers will wear:
Black tank style leotard/bodysuit
Ballet pink convertible tights
Black ballet skirts (optional)
Ballet pink soft slippers (leather or canvas)
Lyrical sandals or toe paws (lyrical and modern dancers only)
Black leather jazz shoes (jazz dancers only)
Respect & Positive Attitudes
Respect for oneself
Respect for teachers
Respect for all students and friends
Respect for our environment and dance home
Respect for our audiences
Respect for dance history and the great traditions that have been left for us to learn, enjoy and share
Hair Requirements: Hair is to be pulled back and secured in a ballet bun for ALL classes. For those students with short hair, a headband or ribbon may be used.
A touch of emerald green is always encouraged!
How to Make a Ballet Bun :)
1. Brush hair until it is smooth and tangle free. Gather all hair into a ponytail and secure it with an elastic. Height is up to you.
2. Twist the ponytail tightly, and coil it around the elastic, securing with bobby/hair pins. Tuck the end of the ponytail under the rest of the bun. Be sure to use enough pins!
3. Wrap a hairnet over the bun. Secure with some more bobby/hair pins, if needed.
4. Mist with hairspary, if needed.
5. For an Emerald ballet bun - add a touch of green!